Berlin Beasimer of NLA-Dallas’s Beyond Vanilla event presents a check to Hardy Haberman, Chairperson of the Woodhull Sexual Freedom Alliance Board of Directors from the annual event which designated Woodhull Alliance as one of its charities for 2012.
We at Woodhull are always grateful for the support of those communities we serve. The National Leather Association – Dallas (NLA-Dallas) has long been supporters of our work, as has the National Leather Association International. We strongly support the work of this Association, including their Domestic Anti-Violence Program.
NLA Dallas advocates relationships based on personal responsibility, honesty and integrity in which power and pleasure are derived from mutual respect. Everyone deserves a safe and healthy relationship. (see Woodhull’s Family Matters Project!)
Beyond Vanilla is an annual event that offers a mix of classes, vending, entertainment, and social activities for those who are “beyond vanilla.” The keynote speaker this year was internationally renowned motivational speaker and pioneering adult film star Buck Angel, who also serves on Woodhull’s Board of Directors. Beyond Vanilla 2013 will feature the legendary Dossie Easton.
The purpose of the National Leather Association is:
- To maintain our national/international communication, information, education and support network for all members of the Leather/BDSM/Fetish community.
- To role model the power and pride of all adults who engage in Safe, Sane and Consensual sexual expression and encourage those who fight for decriminalization of all sexual acts between consenting adults.
- To support individual and organized political activism, visibility and education in order to eradicate stereotypical beliefs, misconceptions and media misrepresentation about the Leather/BDSM/Fetish family in the community at large.
- To continue providing, through publications, educational material and conferences, a forum for the sharing of knowledge, viewpoints and practices of a diverse network of people.
- To promote the success and welfare of individuals, organizations, publications and businesses within our community; especially against threats to their freedom of expression, freedom of the press, rights to free association and right to equal protection under the law.
- To welcome women, people of color, transgender, the deaf, the physically challenged and others who have traditionally been discriminated against or poorly represented within the Leather/BDSM/Fetish community.
- To attend, promote and support fundraising for deserving defense funds, projects, and clubs, organizations, and/or charities, which have given direct service to the Leather/BDSM/Fetish community.
- To continue preserving a record of our history, traditions and culture.