Woodhull accepts rolling applications for Fall, Spring and Summer internships for undergraduate and graduate students. Internships have flexible start and end dates. All internships are remote.
While internships are unpaid, Woodhull will work with a student’s University to assure academic credit is received.
2019 Sexual Freedom Summit: Media Intern for Speaker Liaison
Woodhull is seeking TWO Summit Media Interns for our Speaker Liaison. The interns will work directly with Woodhull’s Speaker Liaison to schedule, prepare, record, and edit interviews with SFS19 speakers. For more information about the Sexual Freedom Summit click here.
- Scheduling and organizing speakers for the interviews, including reminder email.
- Organizing speakers email list.
- Tracking release forms for the videos.
- Mild editing of videos, trimming beginning and end, cutting out bad blips, adjusting sound and brightness.
- Uploading and annotating videos on Woodhull and TheIntimacyDojo Youtube.
- Formatting keywords to increase following on Youtube, webpage and social media.
- Writing and posting social media for the videos for Woodhull and TheIntimacyDojo
- Drafting and disseminating copies of the Social Media adjusted for the speakers and videos to the speakers to use on their pages to promote.
- Comfortability and knowledge working with Youtube and Social Media
- Familiarity with editing software
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 21, 2019.
Communications and Social Media Intern
Woodhull is looking for a passionate, energetic, and talented social media/marketing intern to help us better engage our online community
- Research and write 2-3 blog posts per month (>350 words) on social and political issues relevant to the sexual freedom movement.
- Draft and edit press releases and media advisories in conjunction with the advisor
- Pitch news items to bloggers and reporters.
- Establish and maintain a press contact list.
- Assist with managing press events.
- Other communications tasks as assigned by the Woodhull team.
- Commitment to intersectional social justice movements
- Strong familiarity with progressive political news outlets.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to synthesize and write for the web under a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Experience as a writer, reporter, and/or blogger.
- Extremely detail oriented and a self-starter.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent and dedicated worker.
Time, Location, and Compensation
Interns work remotely during regular business hours for 10-15 hours per week. Must be available for weekly phone calls with supervisor and respond to emails within 48 hours. Unfortunately, as a volunteer-run nonprofit, this is an unpaid position. We do work with undergraduate and graduate students to receive course credit. The person hired will also receive complimentary registration to Woodhull’s Sexual Freedom Summit, access to the VIP Reception, networking opportunities, and professional development training.
Email a resume, cover letter, and a 1-3 page writing sample to email@example.com. Cover letters should describe your background, experience, and interest in sexual freedom and human rights work.