Woodhull accepts rolling applications for Fall, Spring and Summer internships for undergraduate and graduate students. Internships have flexible start and end dates.
While internships are unpaid, Woodhull will work with a student’s University to assure academic credit is received.
We’re looking for a passionate, energetic, and talented social media/marketing intern or volunteer to help us better engage our online community.
Communications and Social Media Intern Responsibilities
· Research and write 1-2 blog posts per week (>350 words) on social and political issues relevant to the sexual freedom movement.
· Draft and edit press releases and media advisories.
· Pitch news items to bloggers and reporters.
· Monitor and produce bi-weekly media reports.
· Establish and maintain a press contact list.
· Assist with managing press events.
· Other communications tasks as assigned by the Woodhull team.
– Have strong familiarity with progressive political news outlets.
– Strong oral and writing communication skills.
– Ability to synthesize and write under a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
– Experience as a writer, reporter or blogger is helpful.
– Must be extremely detail oriented and a self-starter.
– Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
– Independent worker.
Time and Location. Interns work remotely during regular business hours for 16-20 hours per week. Highest priority will be given to candidates who can
commit to two regular work days per week (10-6 or 9-5)
Application. Email a resume, cover letter, and a 1-3 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters should describe your background,
experience, and interest in this work.