Woodhull accepts rolling applications for Fall, Spring and Summer internships for undergraduate and graduate students. Internships have flexible start and end dates. All internships are remote.
While internships are unpaid, Woodhull will work with a student’s University to assure academic credit is received.
Communications and Social Media Intern
Woodhull is looking for a passionate, energetic, and talented social media/marketing intern to help us better engage our online community
- Draft and edit social media posts for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Research and write 2-3 blog posts per month (>350 words) on social and political issues relevant to the sexual freedom movement.
- Edit press releases and media advisories in conjunction with the advisor
- Maintain a press contact list.
- Assist with managing events.
- Other communications tasks as assigned by the Woodhull team.
- Experience with Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Commitment to intersectional social justice movements
- Strong familiarity with progressive political news outlets.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to synthesize and write for the web under a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Experience as a writer, reporter, and/or blogger.
- Extremely detail oriented and a self-starter.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent and dedicated worker.
Time, Location, and Compensation
Interns work remotely during regular business hours for 10-15 hours per week. Must be available for weekly phone calls with supervisor and respond to emails within 48 hours. Unfortunately, as a volunteer-run nonprofit, this is an unpaid position. We do work with undergraduate and graduate students to receive course credit. The person hired will also receive complimentary registration to Woodhull’s Sexual Freedom Summit, access to the VIP Reception, networking opportunities, and professional development training.
Email a resume, cover letter, and a 1-3 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letters should describe your background, experience, and interest in sexual freedom and human rights work.