Community Access Fund Campaign
Accessibility is not an accommodation, it’s a right!
Woodhull has a long-standing commitment to providing all of our materials and programs in a way that is as accessible as possible. For our virtual Sexual Summit we’ve provided both ASL interpreters and closed captioning. Our video archives all include closed captioning. Recognizing the need for economic accessibility (especially in this time of COVID), although the programming isn’t free to produce, we made a deliberate decision to provide all of the virtual Summit programming free of charge to anyone wishing to join us.
There’s always more we can do to increase accessibility but we need your help to make it happen.
The funds raised will support accessibility initiatives, including:
- A fully accessible website
- ASL interpretation for all virtual Summit programs
- For the Carmen Vazquez Youth Leadership & Advocacy Institute
- ASL for programs
- 30 full scholarships
- For the in-person Sexual Freedom Summit #SFS22
- Full registration scholarships to 5 attendees
- Lodging scholarships to 2 attendees.
- $36 provides one meal for one youth attendee
- $154 provides lodging for one person for one night
- $300 covers one hour of ASL interpretation at one 60 minute program
- $400 provides a full scholarship for one person to the Carmen Vazquez Youth Leadership & Advocacy Institute
- $576 covers the cost of lodging for two attendees for two nights
- $1200 pays for half of ASL interpretation at one #SFS22 Institute ($2400 for eight hours, two interpreters)
- Your donation, no matter the size, will make Woodhull more accessible to all!
As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, Woodhull Freedom Foundation’s mission and work is made possible thanks to individual donors, foundations, philanthropic businesses, and YOU.
Together, we’re creating a world where sexual freedom is recognized as a fundamental human right for everyone!