Spokes Hub is a virtual academy aimed at supporting people with lived experience in the sex trade in developing their voice and authority as advocates. Participants are encouraged to deepen their understanding of complex issues through peer learning and research, and to expand their advocacy skills through writing and public speaking.
Spokes Hub graduates can access financial support through the Awards Pool. In its first year Spokes Hub distributed over $10,000 in Awards Pool payments.
Spokes Hub classes are led overwhelmingly by people with lived experience in the sex trade. Classes include “hard skills” trainings such as media readiness and public speaking, as well as subject matter deep dives and group discussion spaces.
TEACH A CLASS: If you are a person with lived experience in the sex trade, we invite you to teach a class! You may learn more about this opportunity and submit your proposal here.
Writing from Spokes Hub Graduates
Fall 2023 Graduates
- Taking Care of Each Other: Lessons Learned about Mutual Aid from My Sex Worker Community, Cedar Salina
- DIVERSITY OF TACTICS; The Symbiosis of Mutual Aid, Community Care, and Policy, Henri Bynx
- Interview, Candice Clark (see Graduation recording to listen)
- FOSTA in the Courts, Rachel Marie
- Pleasure as an Access Point, J Leigh Oshiro-Brantly
Winter 2023 Graduates
- Sex Workers’ Support Networks, Lauren Levitt
- Sex Trade: Security & Adversity, Liz Elytra
- Sex Work in Socialist Space, Mila Lapente
- Sex Worker Mental Health Toolbox, Mo
Summer 2022 Graduates
Spokes Hub is sponsored by and hosted in partnership with New Moon Network, a sex worker led organization dedicated to advancing the rights and welfare of people in the sex trade.