Ricci Joy Levyshe/her
President & CEO
Ricci Levy (she/her) has been engaged in sexual freedom activism for several decades. In 2003, she helped found the Woodhull Freedom Foundation, a nonpartisan, nonprofit human rights organization dedicated to defending the personal autonomy of all individuals. As the Executive Director, then President and CEO of the Foundation, Ricci has led Woodhull for twenty years.
Ricci has traveled around the country offering testimony and speaking at conferences, often presenting contentious issues in a way that allows for collaborative dialog intended to build bridges and foster alliances. Whether focused on censorship, the decriminalization of sex work, the shackling of incarcerated women in labor, or the right to family and reproductive justice, you can find Ricci at the forefront, bringing human rights to the conversation.
Mrs. Levy has been a professional member of the American Association of Sexuality Educators Counselors and Therapists (AASECT), the Sexuality and Aging Consortium at Widener University, the US Human Rights Network, the Free Expression Network (FEN), and the Council on Contemporary Families. She currently serves on the Steering Committee of the Free Expression Network (FEN).
When not at work, Ricci spends her time enjoying her family and friends and reading lots of books.
- Spoiler Alert: Attack of T-shirts False Alarm - 2023
- Woodhull Statement on Roe, Human Rights, and Sexual Freedom - 2022
- The “M” Word - 2021
- Holding Space for International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers - 2019
- Kavanaugh: He failed his job interview - 2018
- Does Drivers’ Ed Undermine Parental Rights? - 2011
- Loneliness Epidemic – Can It Be Substantially Abated - May 5, 2023
- Sexuality Has No Expiration Date - February 13, 2023